Sunday, September 18, 2011

IT NEVER SNOWS IN SEPTEMBER - ARNHEM WARGAME

This weekend saw the Goulburn Valiant Stormers put on a grand game of the struggle for the Arnhem Bridge as part of Operation market Garden. Playing with 20mm models and figures on a truly glorious table the Stormers put on a magnificent show. The scenery, much of which was scratch built, was excellent. Of particular note was the wonderful model of the Arnhem bridge with its ramp. Here are some photos of what really was a superb game in every way.

















8 comments:

  1. Impressive is a word not strong enough...I first saw this game put on a MOAB 10 years ago.. but here in Goulburn you could get up close.. I was there for most of the day yesterday..I have to say the the Irish Guards game allowed me my full range of my Michael Caine impressions..

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely magnificent table! First class- enough to bring a grown man to tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic looking game. Well done boys and good to see Matty is as well kept as ever....sorry I was not there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it's official. Goulburn wargamers have too much time on their hands ;-). Seriously though, those photos are brilliant. Thanks for sharing, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great weekend, tiring but great!

    more on my blog here
    http://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.com/

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete