Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Warlord Royalist Cavalry- Sir Monty's Cavaliers!

Here is another completed box from the Warlord Pike and Shotte range.  These figures are from the Royalist cavalry which happens to be the same as the Parliamentarian box, just with different artwork!  I wanted my Cavaliers to have a bit more dash and style than those in the set (and reality).  So I have added a few flourishes here and there.  I have used some Redoubt helmeted heads that I had lying around and with creative use of greenstuff and some parts left from one of the infantry box sets, I have added some feathers and 'puffy' sleeves.  I have based these up for FOGR.
These gents are now ready to chase some roundheads fom the field of battle- never to return!  The flag is hard to make out in the photo- but it depicts two bones in the shape of a cross.  Just what Sir Monty likes best!

Onwards -- for King and glory!


The other cavalier at our house! Sir Monty!

2 comments:

  1. Nice cavalry & cute dog! Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded.
    ECW is one project I'm keen to take on in a couple of years. Might have to start on them earlier after seeing these...

    ReplyDelete