Sunday, October 17, 2010

EPIC ISANDLWANA GAME FOR CANCON 2012

I am planning a big participation game of the epic battle of Isandlwana using 28mm figures for Cancon 2012. This will be an epic game at a scale of one figure equals twenty actual men, entirely in keeping with the scale of the original epic battle. I will need ca.1200 Zulu figures and 85 British/NNC figures. Faced with this I contacted Wargames Factory telling them about the game and that I would need 40 packets of their hard plastic 28mm Zulus. I asked WF what they could do for me. Well I must say that WF came through like champions and gave me a massive discount, so I lashed out and bought the figures. Imagine just what it will look like with 1200 Zulu figures deployed on a table and surging forward...great stuff! Below is an image of some of the Zulus from WF that I have already painted and based. They come up looking pretty good and will certainly do the job on the day. The figures below are painted as the iNdluyengwe Regiment who were at Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift.


1 comment:

  1. awesome mate, I am excited about this, the scale will be monumental effort, let me know if you need help with the terrain mate or some painting!

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete